3rd Exercise: sit up on a sit up machine
- Lie on your side and hold your body in a sit up machine from head to feet with your elbow directly beneath your shoulder – hold this position for 20 seconds.
- Turn to the push-up position with your back completely straight and lower both your forearms to the incline bench so that both your elbows and fists are flat to the bench board – hold this position for 20 seconds.
- Turn around so that you’re lying on your other side and repeat – hold this position for 20 seconds.
Avoid common mistakes:
- Curl your toes under and engage your abs by tilting your pelvis and pulling your belly button toward your spine. Straighten your body, keeping your neck and spine neutral. Imagine that you’re a plank (yes, that’s where the name comes from) of wood.
- Up from bench: you must be slowly. So resistance can be biggest.